Help! The best way to break up with my bf?

We are together for 4 months and every thing was great til last few days. I dont know how it happened or why but I dont want to talk to him or go out with him or even see him. Everything he does is just so irritating for me. He is a really nice guy and i dont really have some big reasons to break up, there are some little reasons. It just doesn't feel right and all i want to do is break up but i dont know how.

Most Helpful Girl

• You know how to do this, you just feel guilty about doing it.
    He's a nice guy. You're a nice girl. Tell him that you've had a good time but you're just not feeling that there is anything more in this for you. In other words, just tell him the truth. You're only 20. You shouldn't be expecting to meet the love of your life just yet. And nor should he. Do both of you a favour and free you and him up to meet someone that you can both have a stronger, happier relationship with
    Good Luck

What Guys Said 4

• "I don't think this is working, bye"

• dont you think you need some space, like you need some time spending with your own self or with some friends rather than being with your boyfriend. may be you spend a lot of time with him thats why it feels irritating.

• I know and yes i need some time for myself but he wants to go out every day and when i say i can't because i dont have time he is angry and disappointed.

• then he's not mature enough to understand you, tell him how you feel towards him and explain to him that you need space otherwise this relationship won't work.

• Just say you don't like him anymore. It is true.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 6

• Just be honest and do it as soon as possible. There's no easy way. It will suck and it will hurt him. He will be upset and that's a given. But you can take small steps to make it slightly more easier and respectful and that is to talk to him in person and to not give him false hope. Get to the point and offer your condolences. You can even offer to be there for him if he ever needs you but try to leave him alone after the break up and don't initiate too much as it will only add insult to injury.

• Just tell him that you don't feel like your relationship will go anywhere and that you no longer feel the same way. DO NOT tell him that he is irritating you. Sometimes things a person does at the start of a relationship could become irritating later on.

• Tell him the truth.

• Be sure that's what you want because once it's done you may regret it and lose him for good

• I agree. Try some space first. If you miss him then be with him but if you don't miss him then definitely break up with him. How to do this, be honest but not hurtful. Tell him that you relish your alone time, so you don't really want a commitment at this time and you feel like it's unfair to him because you can't give him what he clearly needs from you. And it's definitely unfair to keep him when he could find what he needs elsewhere. You love him, but not the way you should. Good luck!

• I had to break up with my boyfriend of a year and half because suddenly everything he did was irritating me. I just straight up told him face to face, "I'm sorry, but I don't have the same feelings for you that I used to have. I think we should break up." Maybe tell him what irritates you about him. If it's only been the last few days, maybe give it a little more time. Things may improve, and if they don't you know what to do.