My ex boyfriend broke up with me last week. Last night we talked and he said doesn't have the time to for me to be his firat priority. Help?

We broke up last week and talked last night for the first time in person. We talked for over an hour. He was very nice and understanding. He said that he needs to get his life were it needs to be financially. He is very busy with work on top of a second job he does in the evenings helping out his dad. He said that at the time his feelings are confused and he needs time to think. He doesn't want this to be a break because we know they don't work but he also said that he doesn't want us to run out and jump into new relationships either. I'm just really confused because I feel like he could be the one but I can't say that for sure. He does basically everything I want in a husband other than making time for me. That's what he plans on working on. I just don't know if I should wait or what. He said I could be the one but when people ask he always says he doesn't know. Someone help?

Thanks guys for the help! I really truly do believe that he could be the one. He has everything I am looking for in a guy. I'm still frustrated but I'm trying to be calm and patient and respect his decision because our relationship is worth it. I know he is going through a busy time in his life and he understands that I need to be a priority and he wants the girl in his life to be a priority. But right now I guess he just needs this time to himself. I've been staying busy, but I just want him bac

Most Helpful Guy

• He's very smart.

You're not his priority. He wants to grow, mature , get rich and have a young, thin, hot wife. Nothing wrong with that.

Let him go, cut him loose, you'll both be doing each other a favor.

However, if you're willing to commit your life to him, be ready for this routine for the next 20 years and never use the matter of fact against him or yourself. It is what it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think you should put your life on hold for someone else. Go out and enjoy life and if y'all are meant to be together, it'll happen! I know that's a lot easier said then done because I'm going through a similar situation right now but if he isn't the one, you don't wanna miss the right person because your distracted by the wrong one.

What Guys Said 1

• you're guys broke up last week, but you don't wanna jump into new relationships. which mean he does basically everything you want in a husband... what?
    you may wondering what if you make a horrible mistake and leaving him?
    don't worry, your horrible mistake is the best way to get back to yourself esteem... to know that you deserve better (future husband ) than him, and to be more honest about what you don't need ( not confused).

(leaving will hurt, but staying will hurt even more).
    Good luck...

What Girls Said 3

• I was just broken up with too.. Except, he didn't say anything to me, he couldn't, it probably hurt too bad to say anything. But I knew what was happening. I don't know why he did, or anything, (Except he is moving to another state to go to University) I'm guessing that's the reason. So I think he decided, it would be easier to move on, than to have a long distance relationship. We were together for over 3 years. I'm really hurting... but he said goodbye, I have no choice. I know how hard moving on is, especially when you think they are so perfect... I'm still in so much pain right now.. but maybe you should move on. It must not have been meant to be, if so, he'll come back, but don't wait for him. It'll probably hurt you more if he decides not to come back after you have waited. "Don't put all of your eggs in one basket".

• In a similar scenario. I love him madly, accidentally broke up with him though.. lol i hav sht luck.. Anyway he doesn't speak to me anymore, I've tried, I've been getting rejected, sure it stings, but i know we hav something. Just need to sort through life a little ya know. I figure we'll either wait and find our way to eachother or ill chase after him And show him What he means.. etc.. Hang in there.. it sucks rn but uve got to put your heart into life.. Know youve done all you could have. .. anyway hope it works out for you.

• If you're not a Priority for him for now, there is no reason for you to make him one.

If he's the one, it'll work itself out, but don't wait around for him in the meantime. You won't get that time back.

What if he isn't "the one" you really want, and you end up so "busy" waiting for him, that you miss out on the person who could be?