My boyfriend spontaneously dumped me on Valentine's Day for another girl... wtf?

We were almost a year into our relationship, and I had moved an hour and a half way about two or so months ago. When he broke it off, he told me that he didn't love me anymore and hadn't for months, he also said had his eye on someone else. The thing I don't understand is why he lied to me all those months by telling me he loved me. He did cheat on me once, but he said he regreted it. I never knew that he was so unhappy in our relationship. Can anyone maybe shed some light on why he acted like this?

Most Helpful Guy

• The cheating should've been your clue that things weren't right. Wtf were you thinking?

• I'm honestly not sure. He asked me to come back and I did. I guess it was one of those forgive and forget moments.

• Never with cheaters

• Well, I've learned that lesson..

Most Helpful Girl

• Because he's a stupid jerk. And an insensitive one too.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Wow what a douchey move! Some people just dont know how to communicate and sadly it results in chaos in a relationship. honestly you're better off without him. A cheater and insensitive man doesn't deserve you.

• He was always hard to read, now I know why, haha.

• Yeah he seems shady. You can do better 👍🏻

• It wasn't as spontaneous as you thought. He was entertaining her for a while. He just told you what you wanted to hear. Some people just don't communicate and some just don't want to listen or remain blind and they both or one of the parties suffers

• He sounds like he tries playing the role of perfect boyfriend but really he a back stabbing dick sucking, player guy who enjoyes moving girl to girl. He thought you two were something really special but fell out of love and felt like you were just "another one" after a while although he tried holding on to the feelings he had for you but realized it just wasn't working so he revealed his true self. either that or he's in love... Deeply with someone else.. I'm sorry