Why Does He Keep Coming Back Whether or Not He's in A Relationship?

My ex and I broke up 4 years ago, He was my first love. Since then he has came back to me many times regardless of whether having a girlfriend or not. This time he has appeared on the scene out of nowhere, has a girlfriend and I'm pregnant and in a relationship. The problem that I'm facing is that I still love him and believe that I always will be in love with him. The funny thing is I had a feeling he would pop up somewhere now that I'm pregnant and in a serious relationship, I really don't want my heart broken and anything to go wrong with my unborn child and for him to mess things up for me.. I really need advice on this one, my head is spinning and I don't want to let my emotions rule out his true motive.Why is it that men always go back to their exes, is it because they still love them or because they can just keep coming back?
2
1