Is this statement True or False?

"people dont change, their priorities do"

meaning that no one has a huge sudden change of character, they were probably always the way that they were, you may have just not noticed it before because they hid it.

• true
    86%(12)66%(21)Vote50%(9)
  • false
    14%(2)34%(11)Vote50%(9)

Most Helpful Guy

• That's true, priorities do change and yes you're right nobody can have a sudden change of character, like they can't just wake up one fine day and then become a totally different person compared to who they were before.

Yes, change of character can happen, but it cannot happen all of a sudden and drastically, rate at which a person can change really depends on their ability to change, their speed at which they are willing to change and so on, change of character can happen in weeks, months and sometimes it takes even years for a person to completely change his character.

Hence you're right, even I believe that a person core nature, character doesn't really change, but their priorities can change anytime.

I agree with your post!.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think people do change, because life experiences mould them in a negative or positive way. As they grow as a person then their character and feelings can change. Over time their views and outlook changes too.

I do believe that most people are only loyal to their own needs, not to other people. Once their priorities change then so do their loyalites. In some cases you may think a person has changed, but really you just didn't know who they really were.

What Guys Said 10

• False. People CAN change... it's just that most people DON'T change, because it takes a lot of effort to change.

• People do change, but we are rarely successful at purposely changing another person, and only a little better at changing ourselves.

It is much better to expect that people will remain constant than that we can change them.

• Its a fine line between priorities and perspective but they both change a person

• People do change. We call it becoming more, or less mature as time passes. In some cases, a person's priorities are what changed. However, the latter is usually made obvious.

• I'd like to think that in general, it's false. Don't like the idea of being forced into a fixed shape and size and having no control over it.

• People can change dramatically.

• Change will only come if you as an individual have the will to change

• People change... becz that's what life is about... adaptation...

• Priorities never make difference. Experiences do influence present life.

• Hard to say

What Girls Said 2

• Human psychology is really complex. There's more to it then that. As the proverb states "A leopard can't change its spots"
    Yes it can choose to hunt a different type of prey. But it'll be the same leopard in the inside.

• true. If i didn't hide everYthing about myself no one would bother. Although, that being said, I've also been accused of far worse things that I've never thought of let alone actually done. So hiding yourself and slowly showing ur flaws leads people to believe you're hiding far more than you really are and that you never actually stop hiding things. Probably the biggest reason my relationships fail.