Out of control drunken fight... Will he still date me?

Over the weekend my boyfriend of 1 year and I went out for dinner and drinks. Before dinner we spoke about how we both hate when someone can't handle there alcohol and what a big turn off it is. I than became that girl. Not of purpose. I woke up the following morning on his couch. He told me to look out the window, seeing that I broke his windshield. We were fighting so bad I kicked it out. I was trying to fight him because was so enraged. He spoke with me all morning about how he knows I am sorry. As I went home. I asked him to answer me if I call or text. He has been very respectful of that talking with me. But he wants to stop being the event up because he keeps reliving it. He says he does not want to make any decisions as to what will come of this event. We are still together as of now he keeps saying but he is very confused. I am going to focus on myself for sometimes and give up drinking. I have no problem with that. I am also enrolling in therapy to better myself and the confidence and self-esteem issues I struggle with. He sounds like he will be there to support me but says he needs time and space. I worried if I give him space he will forget about me all together. I love this man a lot and hope we can mend this problem and he will know my actions were not me but alcohol. What is your best advice? For him to know I am sorry and there will still be hope for us.

What Guys Said 2

• For starters, you fix his car. You make the phone call to the glass shop, you arrange for them to fix it and of course you pay for it, (most auto windshield places will do service calls to your location so you don't have to drive the car to them). Then you give him space.

• I have done that even sent money to his account for it. Today I haven't spoken to him, but his father to witnessed fight has since texted me. To say that " he doesn't judge me by that one night and he thinks I am a great person with so much going for me. That he hopes I don't feel like I have to stay away. " I since have texted him back thank you it for reaching out to me it means the world he did that as does his son and I hope to see him soon. Any thoughts?

• We finally met up to chat and he wants to take things slow moving forward. We are not broken up. But how do I go about taking it slow. He wouldn't give me a straight forward answer on what that means.

• Basically he is now in control what you do as a couple and when. Let him decide for himself what he wants. You just sorta wait around for him to come calling. Hopefully this is a just short phase and you both are back to normal.

• Give him space if he loves you he won't forget about you, but pushing him too hard could drive him away.

• When guys ask for space is it just to soften that they really want to break up. Or can good come from space too?

• I called him this morning before work. Just to touch base in hopes we could set up a time chat soon. he did not pick up and I did not leave a voicemail or text. It has now been 4 hours since my phone call and nothing in return

• Send him a text asking if there is a time you could talk soon, but say you do not want to pressure him.

What Girls Said 1

• ... Good question­čś×

• He has since texted me yesterday "Hey hope ur day is going well " I wrote back "Hey the day went okay, I'm at the gym now I hope you had a good day too. " He did not respond and haven't talked to me today yet. Do I let it go and wait and see or try and talk to him today?