Has anyone ever been friends with benefits with an ex? What is it like?

Do you act the same way as when you dated, meaning you cuddle and kiss, he pays for your meals and gives you rides, he says you're cute and says he likes you, he invites you to visit him at school, etc. or is it strictly sex? how does it work? my ex and I have been doing the first situaiton I described but he says he has no feelings for me... im really confused. is that normal for FWB?

Most Helpful Guy

• It also means he's free to fuck others

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never.
    The fact that you're confused by this situation should be enough for you to break things off. FWBs should be very strict and with little room for misunderstandings and errors, otherwise it won't work. Also the fact that you're doing it with an ex should be enough for you to realize that this isn't right.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't believe this is possible thing, actually it's way too strange the girl to go back to her ex and having sex with him, without actually having an relationship..
    It's really weird for me, but I'd say if my ex talk to me and agree on this kind of benefits, I'd definitely have sex with her, even if she has a boyfriend.

• I am currently in a friends with benefits with my ex.. Its actually great, its strictly sex. We love it, and we have sex daily in school, many a times more than ones. I have a girlfriend (who is super sexy by the way) and I think she has a boyfriend too, we never talk about any complicated stuff, we just enjoy sex, that's the point of friends with benefits rite?

• It ends badly

• stupid people do this.

first thing you need to do is emtionally detach yourself through no contact

you people need to take a course in relationships first... falling into all sorts of temptations and delusions and calling it freedom.

• I haven't 🙂

What Girls Said 5

• Nope I don't use tinder! hahah!

• I did once, it's feels liberating, I felt uninhibited to do some funky stuff, felt like a different norty girl, but I only did it once because it does end up with a lot of hurt

• Nope

• Yes, it can be exactly what you're describing. It's sort of like dating without the commitment. But if you still have feelings for him them you shouldn't be doing this. You should leave the situation and find someone who does have feelings for you. friends with benefits only works if both people dont want to be emotionally involved.
    I was friends with benefits for 8 years with my ex and sometimes it got confusing.

• One of you will get hurt, it's very mixed signals but sounds like he's having his cake and eating it because he doesn't have to be monogamous