Has anyone ever been friends with benefits with an ex? What is it like?

Do you act the same way as when you dated, meaning you cuddle and kiss, he pays for your meals and gives you rides, he says you're cute and says he likes you, he invites you to visit him at school, etc. or is it strictly sex? how does it work? my ex and I have been doing the first situaiton I described but he says he has no feelings for me... im really confused. is that normal for FWB?

66

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe this is possible thing, actually it's way too strange the girl to go back to her ex and having sex with him, without actually having an relationship..
    It's really weird for me, but I'd say if my ex talk to me and agree on this kind of benefits, I'd definitely have sex with her, even if she has a boyfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, it can be exactly what you're describing. It's sort of like dating without the commitment. But if you still have feelings for him them you shouldn't be doing this. You should leave the situation and find someone who does have feelings for you. friends with benefits only works if both people dont want to be emotionally involved.
    I was friends with benefits for 8 years with my ex and sometimes it got confusing.