Advice for getting over a breakup for a short relationship?

We dated for about two months. We ended it tonight, no big fight or anything. It was kinda long distance (an hour away from each other) and it just wasn't working out. No hard feelings really. But even though it was short, it kinda was my first real relationship and I lost my virginity to him. I'm bummed, but not all together heartbroken I guess, I saw it coming. What are some tips to feel better and not dwell on it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm upset. I'm most upset that things were GREAT in the beginning and now completely over. I'm also sad that he didn't really fight to save it. I mean I guess I understand that it just wasn't working, but I thought maybe he'd try to save it...😕

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be tough to go from a great relationship, to no relationship. It's a lot easier to move on if the other party was not-so-great.
    Remember, he wasn't always in your life. Do what you did before meeting him. Meet with friends, go out, have some fun. Most importantly, realize that it was a teaching experience.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been in a failed LDR before.. the reasons for breaking up were different, we were together for 8 months ( same day we completed 8 months, we broke up).
    it took me nearly 4-5 months to get COMPLETELY over him. Now I got really hurt, but I tried to convince myself that its better for me, but tbh I couldn't have done that without my back then online friend ( now boyfriend ). He supported me a lot through everything, and he helped me, move on.
    you should try to stay with people who support you, stay out with friends, family, go outside, have a walk, work out, etc. And trust me, you will get over him. Oh and something SUPER IMPORTANT... DO NOT listen to any music he sent u nor look at his pictures.. You will only stay stuck in it if u look at it... And whenever u think about him try to get that thought out of your head. Good luck 😊

What Guys Said 9

• sorry for what happened. you broke up because of a reason. you broke up because your relationship was broken. and even though you might feel completely devastated right now, but you're going to get better if you know that what happened wasn't your fault. you're just trusted the wrong person.

try to forgive and rebuild yourself confidence, otherwise you'll find yourself trust anyone you meet (could be a danger person) to get yourself out of this... and that will lead things to get worse. If you don’t truly understand what happened, it is very likely that your next relationship will follow the same pattern as the last one, leaving you once again heartbroken.

sometimes a short term relationship is much harder to get over than expected, but I won’t recommend getting into a serious relationship until you're completely over your breakup. surround yourself with positive thoughts about yourself and life in general.

forgive yourself and don’t try to deny the fact and don’t try to find a shortcut to recovery.
    try volunteer to help uneducated children's or veterans or in elderly care.. etc. that's will help to feel good about yourself.

Good luck..

• Doing the same things that make you feel better when you deal with stress or feel down/depressed. I go jogging/running, work out, listen to music, draw or write. All these things help me clear my mind and deal with things. What things help YOU when dealing with sress?
    You're upset, yea thats not gonna go away over night, its gonna take some time.

• 0|0
  • Most breakups take some time until we realize and accept that it was for the best. You're a beautiful girl, I'm sure a lot of guys are hitting on you, before you know it you won't even be thinking about it.

• Find a hobby, fill your time with exercise, do some sports. The right guy will come for you.
    According to the topic 2 months are not that much so just a couple weeks and you'd be fine.
    I'm currently getting over a breakup for more than 4 years.

• Just cry it out.

• Find a new hobby and a better boyfriend.

• just do it?

• The v card

What Girls Said 3

• ben and jerry it slove everything! You can't pay your rent ben and jeerry! Your boyfriend cheat? BEN AND JERRY!

• Best way not to dwell on it is to enjoy yourself and life :) Start doing all the hobbies you've probably not done in a while, go shopping, go on nights out with your friends etc ohh flirt and talk to plenty of guys ;)

• Get out and do something that you enjoy doing so your mind will be off it.