When a guy breaks it off?

When a boy breaks it off (not because of fighting, but needing to get some things straight) and says I love you, but I need some space, and I don't think having a girlfriend is good for me right now, and says we should just stay friends, but he needs a few weeks to gather everything for himself, what does that really mean?

I mean, besides the obvious statement, is there usually a deeper meaning? And when he says maybe we will date again when he is ready for a relationship, does he really mean that?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• If you actually know this guy from inside then there are two things.

You either believe him and hope for him to come back or disbelief him and rate him as a player.

Try to give him sometime alone and watch what actually the reason behind this?

'Cause everything in this world is for reason.

Never be too much pessimist and neither optimist.

Thnx

• (I'm just gonna copy paste haha :) )

Everything was great, up until the day we talked about breaking up, and the reason we did break it off was because we were both getting sexual (it may sound stupid) but it wasn't the path we wanted to take. And I believe him, and sure, I hope he comes back, but I can't dwell on everything. I've tried to get out and start talking to other boys, but for some reason its not the same.

I'm still trying, but I miss my friend too :)

• Ummm, what?

• As I told to hope for him to come back, you stayed safe in your court by talking to other boys.

And the match which is relationship is about to over.

This crazy mind never leave us alone.lol

Thnx

What Guys Said 1

• He doesn't want to date you, he wants to pursue other girls. But if he should happen to fail miserably or realize every one else sucks then he wants the option to come back to you.

You should consider yourself lucky to be so valuable to him.

• Well the thing was, everything was great, up until the day we talked about breaking up, and the reason we did break it off was because we were both getting sexual (it may sound stupid) but it wasn't the path we wanted to take. Like, I know he didn't have any desire for another girl, because gosh, even as just a boy, he straight up would have told me if he wanted to date around, we had that trust and connection.

Does that change anything?

• Things are always great in relationships until "suddenly" one person decides to break up with the other. Let me tell you it very, very rarely is actually "suddenly". More times then not that person was thinking of ending the relationship well before the subject just magically brought up.

While you may be 100% right when you say you had trust and communication and he would've told you if he wanted to date other girls, I'm just telling you my opinion from my experience.

• Oh of course I understand. Well the reason I said I didn't think it was the girl thing is because of something that happened a few days before, and at first we weren't going to break up, but he decided it would be best for now.

Of course, I'm not ruling out your statement, because it may be entirely true! :) and I more than appreciate the input!

What Girls Said 1

• He's full of sh*t, find someone else. He wants to put you on the backburner so he can look around in the pond for other fish & still have you simmering on the backburner just waiting for him to come back to you.