Is it better to treat people how they deserve? Or be the bigger person?

Anonymous
My ex of 2 years and I (we broke up a little over a year ago) go through phases of hating each other, then being really nice to each other and getting along. We have the same group of friends, so I see him every weekend in our big friend group. Right now we are in a hating phase, but graduation is in exactly 3 weeks. I had to block him a month ago because he was being mean to me and yelling at me a lot (heard I was hanging out with his friend). But with only 3 weeks left, part of me wants to text him and be the bigger person, even though he had no reason to be mean to me. We've been ignoring each other every weekend since I blocked him, but he tried coming up to me and being nice last week.. I just walked away. Part of me wants to keep him blocked and act like I don't care about him until gradation and he moves away, the other part of me wants to be the bigger person and text him and say I want us to be on good terms these last few weeks with our friends and just enjoy the small amount of time left. He was a big part of my life for 2 years, but he has also hurt me a lot. Which one do you think would be the better decision?

Please help! I keep going back and forth about this.
2
0