Boyfriend breaking up with me, says its him not me, why do I still feel it's me? Chance we can ever be again?

Anonymous
so for the past 4 days my boyfriend has been trying to break up with me. He started off saying he needs to talk to me. We have been dating for 4 months and last month he fell into a depression. He had a hard time finding a job etc and just dealt with a lot. He secluded himself from the world in his room with his video games. I didn't even see him but finally got him out in Monday for a baseball game. He seemed really happy. Anyway he told me he doesn't feel the way he thinks he should be feeling and doesn't think he will ever be able to say or feel love. I don't get it. I thought he was really happy. He said he hasn't been feeling that things were going well for him and he thought it was something that he planted in his head but he said it hasn't gone away. He also said last night "I still don't think we're on the same page. I've been going through some things, sure, but it's also put a lot of things in perspective and given me time to think about things and I've come to the realization that I'm just not happy with the the way I've been feeling. I'm sorry but that's the truth and I shouldn't prevent you from knowing it". It makes me feel as if I did something to not make him happy or for him to stay even though he said its nothing I did or didn't do. Could the depression have sparked some of these feelings? I truly love him but I can't change his mind about breaking it off with me. I'm quite upset because we are so good together and are so alike and never had any problems. I thought I made him happy and he never said anything. Could he just be going through this tough time. Will there or could there ever be another time for us to happen again? I'm just so upset and wish it was t happening.
2
0