Does my ex actually care or is he just stringing me along?

katiecats
hi everyone my name is kate, and I'm 18. my ex boyfriend and i dated for about 10 months he broke up with recently about two months ago. after he did so about a week later he decided he wanted to move not because he had to just because he wanted to. his little brothers live where he moved and his cousin promised if he moved that he would give him a car, a job, etc. So everything he wanted is bascially there except for me. we've kept in contact but it seems like the only time he talks to me is on his terms. like if he is in a good mood he acts like the guy i fell in love with but when he is in a bad mood he just dosent want anything t do with me. the other day i said to him that i deserve better and deserve to be treated better and he actually defended everything and said i know and I'm sorry that things are taking so long i want to be that guy for you again its just taking time and he was so nice. but then the next day he said he dosent know anymore because the same day i talked to him that night i was at work and i texted him saying i had a bad day at work. well his cousin who helped him move said that when he moved to have a clear mind set and forget about me. so when i texted my ex that night at work he said oh my gosh with my cousin... He was very angry because his cousin docent know him and I still talking and i don't think he can say anything because he is scared to. but i told him that if his cousin finds out i hope he would stick by my side but the thing is i highly doubt he would. We had a lot of arguments in our relationship and i could see it ending before it did. He would act so distant not text me as much not act the way he once did and not put as much effort in. my birthday weekend was about a month ago and he was in town and decided to visit me we actually hung out and had a good time like the old times. right now him and i are on a week off no contact because he docent know what he wants some I'm giving him his space any advice?
Does my ex actually care or is he just stringing me along?
Add Opinion