Why do exes trash talk you to your children when they are the ones who ended the relationship?

Anonymous
I won't go into great detail for the sake of time but my ex I have been apart for almost 2 years. He ended things with me and shortly after got married. At first I was upset and hurt and wanted the relationship back, but then I just accepted things and moved forwards.

He has not been married to his new wife for very long and she has run off on him. My son, who is 5, always comes back from his dad's house telling me how daddy thinks I am "evil, a monster, bad etc." Prior to him getting another wife he begged me to move back in with him, but he wanted another baby but is not very stable when it comes to work etc.

I cannot understand my exe's hate because it's not as if he is on child support or anything. He gets equal time with our son just as I. He's the one who ended things but is bitter and angry. Did anyone else here have an ex like this and did it ever get better?
1
0