What is worse: a guy cheating, or a girl cheating in a relationship?

Is it worse if a guy cheats or girl/

"Between 30 and 50 per cent of women cheat on their partners, compared with 50 to 80 per cent of men" Dr. Lipton, a psychiatrist co-wrote The Myth of Monogamy with her husband.

It's now widely accepted among those who work in genetics that roughly 10 per cent of us are not fathered by the man we believe to be dad.Geneticists have discovered this phenomenon while conducting large population studies.

• Girls cheating is worse
  • Guys cheating is worse
Select a gender to cast your vote:

75

Most Helpful Girl

• I've read that guys are less likely to forgive cheating, because they will assume that the girl had emotional feelings for the person she cheated with since girls relate sex with emotions more.

Whereas girls are told that guys will always listen to their penises over their hearts, and are more willing to believe that it was just one mistake and that it was "just sex". They are more used to the idea of men cheating and are less likely to see it as completely inforgivable.

It's true that girls are more sensitive than guys emotionally, but guys aren't emotionally tough to the point of not caring if they are cheated on. Guys are still as hurt when they are cheated on as girls are.

Cheating is absolutely wrong no matter the gender, though, and cheating hurts people of both genders. No one has an excuse for it.

What Girls Said 6

• I think either way, cheating is pretty wrong, hurtfull, selfish and humiliating.

• I completely agree.. Wanna tell my ex that? jk..

Lol, but seriously. You're cute and you give answers like that? Where did you come from?

• Are you an artist for reallllzz? cause I think artists are in sync with eachother's emotions lol if that makes any sense at all

• Hmmm.. I would think it would be way worse for a girl to cheat, because most girls have to have emotional ties with the people they have sex with, and most guys are looking to bang :)

• it doesn't matter what gender it is CHEATING is CHEATING my friend :)

• No one should cheat its as simple as that. Doesn't matter the sex of the person.

• Cheating is worse on both counts.

• I think in general it's worse when the guy cheats because girls are more emotionally invested in the relationship. And I would like to point out that I said generally, but that's not always the case.

What Guys Said 5

• A woman cheating is infinitely worse: a man cheating takes it outside of the relationship. a woman cheating can bring her treachery into the relationship...

you cited the 10% number.. which is widely used by many other ev psychologists, such as david buss, which is what I'm talking about here

i mean hell, even outside marriage, the double standard exists for a reason. there is a reason men want virtuous clean women... and why we call men with lots of mates "players" and women "whores"... past behavior is indicative of future behavior. no guy wants to be freaken cuckolded

• It is wrong either way but to me, its worse when a girl cheats. I don't know how to explain it, but I just think of it as her being invaded and polluted.

• I was in relationship where both me an the girl cheated without either of us knowing...lol...that was funny when we both found out!

To answer your question: cheating is cheating...doesn't matter who is doing it...but generally, I think guys cheat more...I certainly am very guilty of that...

• Neither should cheat, but I'd have to say it'd be worse if a girl cheated.

Guys sleeping around, that's just them giving and giving and giving, right? Whereas if a girl cheated, she would be emotionally and physically accepting what a guy was 'giving' her, which is extremely dishonest. Needless to say that doesn't make it right for a guy to cheat, but it is different.

By giving, I do of course mean giving the girl their penis. It just isn't as much of a big deal for guys. Truth!

• In my limited experience, a guy cheating does not mean he doesn't love the girl, it just means he doesn't respect her enough. Whereas girl seem to cheat with people they find more interesting and/or are more likely to actually fall in love with who she cheated with.