Girlfriend dumped me in November, avoided me, got angry when I met someone new, and is now telling people I betrayed her. Why?

Anonymous
My last girlfriend dumped me in November. During our whole relationship she always said she loved me unconditionally, to never doubt her love for me and that she would always fight for us. She broke up with me out of nowhere and then was sending mixed signals. I asked her point blank "Do you want to be with me again?" She said no. I didn't talk to her at all after that. We ended up making peace with one another in January. Once she found out I was dating someone new later that month, she lost it. She blocked me on facebook and started yelling everyone I betrayed her and was telling people I HURT HER. Short term memory apparently. I am very happy in my new relationship and do not want her back, but a part of me also does not want her hating me for no reason. My questions are these. 1) What is going through her head right now and making her behave this way and 2) Is there any way to go about making peace with her? Thank you.
4
2