Shouldn't I be over this by now?

It's been a little over 13 months since my ex boyfriend decided to end things between us, and 8 months since I decided I couldn't be in touch with him anymore. Our relationship lasted 1 year and 3 months. We had our problems, but we loved each other very much.

As you may be able to tell, I'm still suffering. I spend as much time with my friends and family as possible, especially my little nephew who never fails to brighten my day. But even that's not enough to banish the heartache completely. I've tried dating other men, but things never worked out. I'm not in contact with my ex boyfriend because I don't believe that I'm ready to just be his friend. The pain of the break up is as fresh as though it happened yesterday and despite doing as much as I can to distract myself, I'm just not moving on. Shouldn't I be over this by now?

11

What Guys Said 1

• You will always have the memory, nothing you can do with it see other people, some really awsome people out their just have to find them...

What Girls Said 1

• no . I know everyone says that time heals, but one can't really tell how much time. me and my ex boyfriend ended things about a year and 2 months now and I'm still dwelling on it. I still love him like I did before, I cry over him here and there, I wouldn't be the best person to give you advice since I am having a little dilemma of my own. Just wanted to tell you that is ok for you to feel the way you are feeling... eventually those feelings will start to disipate little by little. hang in there !