Any advice for a dumpee 7 months after the breakup?

Anonymous
My boyfriend of 2 years decided to dump me 7 months ago. At first he told me that he wanted a break for a few months and insisted that we stay friends. He never game me a real answer. Instead he would tell me "I'm too busy to be in a relationship right now" or "you're too affectionate" or "it's not the right time to be together". After a month of not getting anywhere I told him that I couldn't handle being on the back burner and that we should consider this an actual breakup. About a month after that we talked and he told me that he missed me but that he wasn't ready to be in a relationship right now and once again insisted that we remain friends. After that I went into no contact but I broke no contact during Thanksgiving and over my winter break. He would respond in a short yet polite way and I had hoped that we could get back onto speaking terms. However, after talking with friends and seeing his actions (excessive partying/drinking/flirting) I realized that I couldn't sit around waiting for him to reach out to me, so I stopped texting him. A couple months have gone by since then and he never texted me on my birthday and when I see him in public he doesn't say hi yet he stares at me.

In fact, the other night I went out to the bars with my friends and saw him there. Seeing him always makes my stomach drop and I feel incredibly sick. He didn't say anything to me but when I went to dance with a guy friend of mine I noticed that he was staring at me and eventually grabbed a girl to dance with as well.

I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this or if he was jealous/ still cares, but seeing him again makes me realize how much I still miss him.

Is there a chance that maybe he'll reach out or does it seem obvious that he's moved on?

I've been trying to improve myself by working out, hanging out with friends, seeing a therapist, and going on a few dates. Despite my months of progress I still really miss my first love and can't seem to get over him.
1
2