I Don't Know What To Do To Get Over This?

My boyfriend broke up with me yesterday and I'm so freaking destroyed by it. He basically told me that he never had feelings for me and that he does have feelings for a girl he hasn't spoken to in months. I know I'll get over it but as of right now I feel so worthless and stupid for ever believing that he actually liked me. I can't eat, I can't sleep, I have no energy, and I'm just feeling really shitty and I don't know what to do to feel better. It also doesn't help that we're still talking to each other as if nothing ever happened since we both decided that we don't want to lose each other as friends.

Honestly the part that bothers me more than the actual breakup is that he had told me about her before we got into a relationship. He said he couldn't move on with me because he still liked her but then he asked me out maybe 2 months later. Why ask me out if you had feelings for someone else? THAT'S the part that's got me feeling so confused
...

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't talk to him anymore. If he was that much of an ass to put up a show for that long, he's not worthy of your presence. You're not worthless, you have to keep you chin up and tell yourself that you're better than that.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• He probably did like you, I think sometimes people say things like this to make the break up easier for the other person which does the complete opposite, tearing someone down is shitty especially whilst breaking up with them. You will get through this like you said, you're allowed to feel however you want and what you need to do is take time for yourself, whats the point in remaining in contact it may lead you to think a possibility of getting back together and for him just makes him feel better that you're talking to him and not "hating" him. there's no point in keeping the friendship for someone who didn't respect you enough to be honest throughout the relationship

• The only way to get over him would be to cut off contact with him. The more you hold on to him piece by piece the more trouble you are going to have getting over him. Give yourself some space from him and just focus on yourself. Keep yourself busy, distract yourself from him. I know how you feel trust me. I had an ex who broke up with me out of the blue I felt like someone had shot me in my stomach. But time heals all wounds. If you need to give yourself time to grieve, and cry, and be sad then do it. It hurts right now, but in the next 5 or 6-8 months you won't even remember his number. The no contact rule really helped me. If you have there number delete, and if you have him on any other social media account block him. I understand you don't want to lose each other as friends, but the more you continue to talk to each other the harder it will be for you to heal and move on.

• All men sucks! Just block him!

• Well get out of the house and off your phone. Hang out with friends. And as much as you wanna stay friends, you're gonna want that little time apart. At least not talking all day everyday