Is it a break or a break up?

Okay, this is really complicated so I'll try to explain it as best as I can. My boyfriend (or I guess ex?) has been dealing with sever depression the last couple of weeks. He broke up with me over text one night when he was drink and I went to talk to him the next day because he said he'd probably feel different after he sobered up. Well, he didn't feel different. I obviously didn't want to break up, so I tried talking to him about it and it pretty much lead to us laying in each others arms crying our eyes out and telling each other how much we loved the other until we feel asleep. And when we woke up, we had sex and I thought maybe he had changed his mind because he was so affectionate. Holding me and kissing my forehead all night long. Well, wrong again. He tells me he needs some time to figure himself out before he commits to me, with no distractions and changed his facebook status to "it's complicated." So i told him that even though I was hurt, I would push all my feelings aside and be he's friend and support him through all this. And he told me he loved me and that he's still mine. So I figured maybe this is more of like a break than a break up.

But now I'm hearing he's been talking to this girl we go to school with. I don't necessarily know if it's in a flirty way. I know he asked her to hang out and watch GOT with him this weekend. But, if he doesn't want any "distractions" and "he's still mine." then what's up with this? I'm just so confused. One minute he's holding me and kissing me, telling me how much he loves me, and then next he makes a point to remind me I'm single. Someone give me some insight. Please.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, find out if this is all true or not. My ex's friends would constantly tell her that I was talking to other women. The only way they would be right is if these women had a penis and testicles.
    If you find out that your friends were wrong, give him space but be prepared to move on.
    If they are right, tell him you want out. You're not some sideline girl. You're better than that.

1|0
    0|0
    • we have mutual friends. they're guys. I go to a male dominant school. They just mentioned he was talking to her. i didn't get anymore information, they didn't have any.

• Show All
    • Yeah, I hear you. Honestly, your best option now is to figure out if your mutual friends are telling the truth or not. If they are, then there's a chance he lied to you. If not, then you should just give him some space.

• ok. thanks for your input. I really appreciate it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• I think he is just playing you and it sounds like it's close to a break up.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why do you think that?

What Girls Said 1

• He's playing you for a fool. Do not let him. Guys like this absolutely piss me off. He's trying to keep you around just in case things don't work out elsewhere and keeping you around for sex. Men lie and say things they think we want to hear just to get what they want. Don't fall for the bull$hit. Oh, and just because he was affectionate doesn't mean a damn thing. It was all for show and done in the heat of the moment. Do you want me to shove my stiletto up his a$$? I don't mind doing it, just say the word. Forget this dude, don't give him anymore of your time, he's wasted enough of it already. You deserve way more and then some. Let's celebrate his departure. xoxoxoxoxoxo

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes