Is it bad to refuse having any thing to do with your girlfriend family?

Anonymous
What I mean by refuse is any effect her dad makes to invite me over during family dinner or have a conversation with me... I simple rejected his offer or refuse to have a conversation with the guy. I know I sound like a ass but a year ago he forced my ex girlfriend to break up with me and treat me like I was less them human like I was dirt all with a smile on his face. See i have forgive her dad for forcing us apart and all the lies. But I haven't forgive the guy for treating me so poorly... I was more honest with the guy then anyone on this earth even my girlfriend. I don't truest the guy and any respected I had for him is all gone and he never once said sorry for the way he treated me. I just have nothing left to say to the guy at all.. so I refuse to deal with him and keep any conversation I have with him short. Is this really a bad thing to do? I don't even speak to any of her brother as will since they threaten to beat me up a year ago. But that's a story for another day.. Am not afraid of her brothers at all I just have no respected for them as will. I pretty much have always been 100% honest with every single person in her family so I guest I just expected the same in return.
3
2