How long did it take you to get over your last ex?

I broke up with my ex 7 months ago, we were together for almost 4 years, and I still find myself going through his pictures, crying every now and then, I check his profile pics too (now he has one of a girl kissing him), and he is still in many of my thoughts, and even at times I catch myself telling myself I miss him, I know I'm not completely over him (well obvious), but I think i miss what we had more than what I miss him, since I'd love to have what I had with him with someone else, though I'd never go back with him.
So how long did it take you? Wanna share your story?
  • Weeks
  • Months (1-3)
  • Months (4-6)
    Vote C
  • Months (8-10)
    Vote D
  • A year
    Vote E
  • More than a year
    Vote F
  • Still haven't
    Vote G

106

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, this is going to sound kinda inhumane but I can get over people like freakishly fast. I mean at my age and with how much I've dated, I have a good poison pill method to detach emotionally like really quickly.

• Ditto , we men HAVE to develop a hard heart , no one gives a fuck about us , so we sort ourselves out. Being ex ( British ) Army helps , as you develop strong character. Upvoted !!

• @FatherJack Brother, dead fucking on, 100%. At the end of the day, no one in the world gives a shit about you so you have to just conquer life on your own!

• @ConsultantsBack please show me that method! lol I wish I was over my ex already

Most Helpful Girl

• He was a good boyfriend and everything I wanted in a guy, but he grew distant from me and I knew he was going to college outside the county, so I'm the one who broke up with him. And he sort of put me in the friend zone in the end of the relationship, so that wasn't going to last long. I was highly upset but I saw the warning signs and I cut him off to make the pain less and to let him worry about himself and his education. We both acknowledged this and just parted ways.

• Im sorry to hear, did you manage to get over him already? and if you have, how long did it take you?

• I already have and it took me the first month of summer. I tried to not let it show that it bothered me but I wept at night for the loss of him, but I wiped my tears away and reminded myself that it was meant to be this way.