Ex from 4 years ago texts me out of the blue after 8 since last text message?

SincereMarcus
Title says it all. I loved her! First girl i ever loved, but she cheated on me with her ex. It hurt me so bad that i moved 200 miles away to get away from her. 4 years later and i feel better. We started talking to each other last year for about a month. But she only talked to me when she needed something from me. I got fed up and stopped texting her. I dont know if she's still with her boyfriend (the ex she left me for). She never admitted to cheating, but i caught her in the act and she doesn't know that. Part of me hates her for hurting me... but if she ever admitted and apologized... i might take her back. I know... sad... but I don't know what to do. Im 24 year old and no girlfriend. I want to wish that i will find the one, but im getting super lonely. Fml.

So here is the text message i received from her 2 days ago, which is the first time I've heard from her in 8 months. What does this mean? Someone interpret please. Gary is a mutual friend of ours by the way.

Hey Marcus,
I hope you are doing well. This evening I ran into Gary while having dinner. I am guessing he doesn't know we don't speak as we used to, but he asked me to tell you (whenever I spoke to you) that you owed him a visit. He told me you were here a couple of days ago and texted him that you were here but leaving as you were driving by his place.
Just wanted to let you know.
4
1