Was I right to break up with him?

I broke up with my boyfriend of 6 months because I felt like he never put in any effort to see me or even talk to me. He was always to 'busy' for me. He would message me once a day and wouldn't reply to me. And we would hang out only twice or 3 times a month even though we live so close to one another. But now that I broke up with him, he is having a mental breakdown. He is telling all my friends and family that he can't be without me and that he was good to me and he tried so hard to do all he could for us. I am so confused though cause I didn't see any effort. He never replied to me and we barely spent any time together. Maybe he was trying to organize ways to spend time with me but I didn't see. I don't know. Someone help please.

51

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand it can be difficult to understand other people's behavior and it's a good idea to just stop trying to understand, altogether. Think about how, even though your own actions make sense to you, you would have a difficult time explaining many of them.

Remember that we are all learning together, and through our relationships, discovering what we want. For example, you clearly learned you want to be with somebody who is excited to spend time with you and communicate with you. And that wasn't him.

If he claims he "can't live without" you, do you really want somebody like that? He is clearly very upset and his feelings may change once he returns to an even keel. For example, he wasn't that interested when you were together.

Remember how many boys there are out there, and remember there is somebody waiting in the wings, somebody who will adore you and answer your newly discovered preferences.

Be a little patient, relax, and smile at your new vantage point. There is no harm in answering your ex, but don't you get upset like he is. Stay centered and focus on what you want. Don't settle because you will get it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like a right creep. The very fact that he's telling your family that you are the one in the wrong is nasty right there. You did the right thing walking away. He didn't treat your right when you were with him and his true colours are showing through now you've left. Don't let him mindfuck you or guilt trip you, he's the one with issues.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE