I can't cry does that make me horrible?

Even though I loved my boyfriend, now that we have broken up I can't get upset about it. I've tried to cry and get upset but it just doesn't come. I was really inlove with him but he never wanted to talk with me or spend time with me. I felt no love from him. The few times we did spend together I organized myself and I tried so hard for him and I really did love him. But now that we are apart, It feels like empty memories. Is this normal? why can't I be upset over this? Is there something wrong with me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• you sound like you've emotionally shut down. if you really loved him, then that is emotion.
    talking to someone about your emotions may help... counselor, etc.. dfinitely take some time to heal before the next one. the more intimate you were, the more you need to heal and the more your emotions would have been wrapped up - typically.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone deals with losses and situations differently. There's no wrong or right way to feel emotions. You just do. There's nothing wrong with you and no you are definitely not horrible!! With my last break up, I also felt empty for a while though I did cry initially a lot. So it was a mix for me. But realize that you are normal and that breaking up is a hard thing to do. Allow yourself to go through the phases and motions. I promise you that time will heal those wounds.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• There's not wrong with you, it was just your reaction. Maybe you feel better now, that's why you don't cry. You put efforts in the relationship and your efforts were not corresponded. I'm not surprised you can't cry.

0|0
    0|0
  • Normal to me... After a breakup, I'm movng on... banging someone new in a couple weeks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it does

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• There's nothing wrong with you.
    There's other ways to handle someones departure besides crying.
    People act as if that's the only way to show pain but it isn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don t know how you feel lol.
    maybe you re numb.
    maybe you moved on from him even before the breakup, like gradually detached from him.
    and maybe now you are revealed that it is over cs lack of love is really a burden to deal with.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes