How to move on from the shame of being the crazy ex girlfriend?

after finding out my boyfriend of two years had cheated on me and kept it a secret for a month, then being dumped, and finding out he had sex with another girl a week later, all while he was telling me he still loved me, I was crushed. I didn't know how to react and I didn't handle things well. I called and texted him all the time, crossed his face off in a picture at his graduation party and created fake profiles to follow him on social media. now I feel embarrassed and ashamed about this. how can i move on from this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Let the one without sin cast the first stone. I'll admit I've done my share of stupid things in the past and for far less than a cheating girlfriend. Do your best to get yourself together and start doing everything as right as possible. Some people may remember you for what you did but after a while, that will fade away as you move on to more mature actions.

Sure, you were treated hateful by a guy. You won't be the first girl to act out like that when a guy has been unfaithful to them. You'll feel better in time and find a guy that honors you with his actions.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh, sometimes we do this in the heat in the moment and heartbreak can make you do crazy things. All you can do is stop these things and move on and learn from your mistakes. There is no undoing it and if you try you can come across as even more crazy. After some time you will forget about all of it and never have to see him again anyways so who cares?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• First you should commend yourself for realizing what you were doing and stopping yourself. You're holding yourself to a higher standard because you know you are better than that. Then you just have to realize, while yes you did go crazy for a moment there. It was in response to a VERY emotionally damaging and volatile situation. And anyone would have freaked out, under the same circumstances. Recognize that you're human and that you won't allow yourself to do that again.

0|0
    0|0
    • Trust me. I've dealt with girls that pulled crazy bitch moves for no good reason. If anything. at least you had an understandable situation in which you went crazy for a bit. People have killed others over cheating. You flipping out is the normal response. While your actions are still not respectable. The reaction was normal.

• I been there best thing to do is accept what happened and learn from that mistake.. vow to never make that same mistake ever agin. now what I think you really should do is focus on improving yourself right now. but please now your not to blame

0|0
    0|0
  • How to move on? You accept that it happened. You can't change the past, but you can influence the future.

0|0
    0|0
  • just move on, and find people to distract you

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• you just move along!

0|0
    0|0
  • He's the one that should be ashamed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Aww it's okay, you expressed your feelings in a crazy manner but most of us have done that, and not too many people would admit to it! So don't worry, just move forward and leave it all behind. It happened, and it's over with. You don't have to feel bad about it, just focus on trying to let him go and do better for yourself! Do what makes you happy :)

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes