My ex says he's in love with me but can't be with me because he doesn't trust me. Is he just using me as an emotional/sexual crutch?

Itskindof_kayla
Me ex and I were BEST friends and eventually dated for a few months, were each other's firsts, I cheated on him a few months later and we didn't take for two years. Two years later we get back together for about a year and I cheated on him again (I know- I really shouldn't ever drink). He didn't talk to me for 8 years and we recently randomly reconnected. We've been spending 2-4 nights a week together and having sex. Every time we do we say that we shouldn't be doing it and we have to stop. He told me that he's still in love with me but that he could never be with me again. He still gets very upset over things that happened 8-12 years ago and tells me how much I hurt him. I've tried apologizing and telling him how I feel. It doesn't seem to chane anything and I don't think we're anywhere near close to a commitment. He initiates contact frequently but usually to talk to me and get advice on the other girls he is seeing. When we are together he constantly wants to touch me, cuddle, and be sweet; but after we have sex he seems to revert right back to "best friends" and although he isn't mean, the romance is completely and utterly gone. I can't tell if there is a chance of us getting back together, or if he is just using me as a crutch until he finds someone he actually wants to be in a relationship with.
1
0