What's the longest you and your significant other have broken up for before you got back together?

• 1 month
  • 2-3 months
  • 3-6 months
    Vote C
  • More than 6 months
    Vote D
Select a gender to cast your vote:

146

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, all breakups are permanent.

I've never broken up and gotten back together with someone. If I come to a point where I need to exit a relationship, then there is more than ample reason to never return

• yah wtf, I like how there's not even a choice for that... despite the fact that, what, 96 percent of people would pick it.

it's also weird that the question asker is already deactivated.

• Thanks for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• We weren't official, but we were exclusive. It was complicated. We didn't talk for about six months, then we got back together. Then we really dated and broke up. We were again apart for about six months, just a little longer. Then we got back together. Then we broke up for the final time.

What Guys Said 5

• I have never gotten back with any one, whats the point of breaking up if your just going to get back together? Either you work on the problems and resolve them or decide its unfixable and break up, I really don't see any other options, at least no other practicle/good ones.

• less than 2 weeks

• Honestly in the 2 rlships I had, never once did that shit. If broke up, its over for a lifetime, never going back that path again.

• Another one i can't vote on. I dont give second chances, PERIOD. So i have never given an ex a second chance.

• You don't give second chances period. Lol. Have fun living amongst 7 billion imperfect humans who are KNOWN for mistakes. 👍🏼

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• I've only gotten back with an ex once. It was after 6 months.

• I never go back to them!

• I believe about two months.

• Never. Ex means ex.

• boyfriend broke up with me for 3 weeks and then one day expressed how much he loved me... Said he'd never do it again and I was just getting over him. I couldn't help it and decided to give this man another chance.. I ended it tonight and he honestly couldnt care less says ok and goodbye. This all only lasted 2 weeks so that has just proven me DO NOT GO BACK

• 1 week and in the very beginning, just due to some nagging doubts

I dont actually count it as a real break up lol. Only reflection time lol

• We had also been dating for only 1 weeks

You see how it really was just reflection time lol

Long distances are not something to enter in lightly

• I only had one " relationship" if we can call it that way, we broke up for like 2 weeks.

• my current guy put us on 'a break" for almost a month. That sucked.

• I have never broken up with someone and gotten back together. That is very wishy washy to me. Either you stay together and work things out or you part ways.

• Once it's over, it's over.

• unfortunately some people don't see it that way and they WANT a second chance with the girl/guy.

• What if for some reason he peed in your cheerios? :o

• @Toad-1 That would be particularly unpleasant. I'd hope any guy I'm with would use the loo. :p

• 2 or so months

• Lol no. I do not return to my exes
    I do not recycle trash

• why is there not an option for never got back to gather because i dont break up unless its perm