He left me, then 5 days later gets a girlfriend... what is going on?

Anonymous
So, I was talking to this guy for about 2 months. The first month was pretty hectic though. Whenever I met this guy, it was only 3 months after I got out of ab2 year relationship, so I was still pretty sad. When I started talking to this guy, I did start liking him a little, however, my ex came back in the picture. I wasn't expecting this since my ex was mean to me, but apparently he missed me and studd. So I was stuck with my ex (who I still had strong feelings for) or this new guy (who I was kinda starting to like but it was just bad timing for me) so, long story short my ex got in the way and the new guy felt like he was being played, which wasn't my intention it was just reallllly bad and awkward timing. Me and this new guy made some pretty great memeories too. Then, all of a sudden the guys "ex" (she wasn't even his true ex, they talked for a month 3 months before and she was grossed out by him and friendzoned him hard) came back and apologized to the guy. I got so upset and we got in our first fight. Long story short again, I stopped being friends with me ex to be a "thing" with this guy. Apparently he didn't drop his "ex" bc they were still friends. The guy dropped me bc he said he was hurt at the fact that I played him, and that I got all angry at him and then he left me. I got him back again, we hooked up, he told me he wasn't leading me on and then a week later leaves me again. Literally 5 days later he starts dating his "ex" who was grossed out by him just months before I came in the picture. Him and his best friend (my ex-friend) have purposely tried to make me feel bad for hurting the guy and on Twitter the guy I was talking to basically said he hated me. I don't know what I did wrong, I apologized for everything after the fight, and I dropped my ex, and this guy and I both really really liked each other. Is he rebounding to make me jealous or hide the pain? And what should I do? he told my best friend that he never cared about his ex, & only about me
3
1