How to get over someone who used you?

I am struggling to get over this girl, a coworker.

I started falling for her, and I really thought she liked me back, the flirting, signs, always happy to see me...

I asked her out and she rejected me, and I found out she had a boyfriend.

I look back now, and I just feel like an idiot. All the signs I missed, and the stuff I said and did for her...

I feel extremely used, rejected, and heartbroken... I realized she was just using myself for attention, to make her boyfriend jealous and to boost her confidence... She didn't like me at all... This has ruined my self confidence, respect, I just feel worthless and she is so much better than me.

It's been one year, and I still have some sort of feelings towards her. I think this is because I still see her in person almost everyday.

I try to limit contact as much as possible, but it's hard when I am stuck at this job.

It's also hard as I can't seem to find a girl to date, which is not helping... It's a rolling ball of rejection...

I just don't know what to do about this girl, how to get over her and how to make myself feel better... I feel worse because it's been a year and I still am thinking about her... She is still on my mind, I feel pathetic.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• Gosh reading that just broke my heart. I'm sorry you are going through that. the heart wants what it wants. And you've obviously put a lot of efforts towards her and being used just really fucks you up. I'm actually going through the same thing myself except he doesn't have a girlfriend.

• I'm really sorry that you are going through the same thing as well :(

It really just drains you, I can't seem to recover and it's been a year.

• Thank-you :)

• You are welcome my friend!

Most Helpful Guy

• You're not going to be able to do anything as long as your mindset is where it's at. There are other ways to look at this situation. In stead you have convinced yourself that you are a victim. Even if you are a victim you can't let it become a pity party. Time to pull yourself back up again. The best thing you can do right now is challenge yourself. If you have to make her the villain, make her the villain, but you need to start forcing yourself to move forward. If you can't... try to surround yourself with other guys who will help carry you. If you can't do that... the rest of us are simply going to trample you as we move forward. This probably sounds harsh, but it's true. It's what I needed to hear when I was in your shoes.