Am I being annoying?

My ex broke up with me last week and I have been on no contact, and he didn't talk to me cos he's been busy, but yesterday I messaged him a lot but they were all positive ones and I also asked if we could remain platonic friends. Today he answered my call and said I should get on with my life FOR NOW. does for now mean he's still considering being friends? His tone was friendly when he spoke and he called me
stupid in an affectionate way when I was really happy telling him about opportunities that I received past break up.
What should I do now? Go no contact cuz or keep talking? And was I being annoying

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You were not being annoying; that is why his tone was friendly. If he is anything like me, he is still in the process of dealing with the breakup. This takes time. If you remain in contact with your ex during that time, you keep being reminded of your time together. That is why he wants you to go on with your life. I think it is best to follow his advice. Trying to keep talking whit him will start to be annoying sooner rather than later. The fact that he kept a friendly tone is a good sign about a possible friendship to come out of this, though.

2|0
    0|0
    • Hi, thank you very much for the comment and your encouragement. I am hopeful to stay platonic friends but I'll let him to the contacting and live my life :) God bless!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• He doesn't want to stay friends and is trying to tell you that gently. I wouldn't contact him anymore. Leave it to him to message you if he changes his mind, and just work on moving on. A lot of people don't want to talk to their ex's after it's over.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for the comment, yeah I'll leave him alone and let him decide whether he wants to be friends. Meanwhile I'll just keep living my life.
      thanks again! God bless :)

• Sounds like a good idea. All the best!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• you should move on. it doesn't sound like he's ready to commit to anything and i would not hold out hope for anything in the future as it only sets you up for potential disappointment.

so don't reach out him. continue on with your life and if he decides that he can be friends he'll reach out to you

3|1
    0|0
  • I don't think you were being annoying, you just wanted to show that there are no hard feelings. Don't contact him now though, give him time.

2|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for ur comment man! So ur saying I should do no contact at all and wait till he talks to me? Have u tried no contact in a breakup and did it work? Or know anyone who did

• Show All
    • Thanks man for the encouragement, can't tell you how grateful I am. :) Not going to get my hopes up but hopeful to see what will happen.
      Anyway God bless! :D

• Yes, not getting hopes up is a wise decision. I wish you luck. You're welcome :)

• Clearly he doesn't want to talk, at least for the time being.
    No one likes clingly people, or someone who can't take a hint. It's probably very annoying for him, but it doesn't mean you're a terrible person. It just means you should probably leave him alone, yeah it sucks that there isn't closure on the matter, but sometimes you just move on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks mate for the comment, much appreciated. Yeahhh I'll leave him alone so I don't come across as a desperate psycho!! Just out of curiosity, have u or anyone u know tried the no contact rule and did it work?

• For all my ex girlfriends I issue a no contact for at least two years. There is no reason to talk to them, clearly there was a reason our relationship ended and it's not good to stay or get back into toxic relationships.
      It also helps that I don't have a Facebook or anything like that, So I literally disappear to them and I don't have to hear about how good or bad their life is without me. I would rather not know anything about there lives, it's easier to move on that way.
      Why keep hurting yourself by Facebook stalking them or constantly trying to talk to them just to be let down. Like he said, just move on, use this as a fresh start. Life goes on, and there is always other people out there yadda yadda yadda

• First, stop lying to yourself saying you want to remain "just friends" cmon,

Move on with your life, so why he broke up with you? im curious.

He deff sounds like he is very sure about the breaking up.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're being stupid if you think you can remain friends. It won't happen

0|0
    0|0
  • He is your ex now.

0|0
    0|0
  • No you're not

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1