Should I get back with my ex, knowing that we both adored each other but we decided to break up because of my painful past?

Anonymous
We broke up about a month ago. It was harder for him than it was for me, but I'm starting to miss him. I didn't want to be in a relationship because of a past heartbreak which he knew about. We had talked about it more than once and, even though he was a bit insistent in putting a label on us, I was terrified of starting something and getting attached. Also, I wanted to keep some freedom that being in a relationship did not let me have (I have lots of guy friends and I hang with them all the time and he was bummed by it). Now, I feel like I'm "emotionally fixed" enough to be with someone. He is perfect to me, I adore him and he really has and is everything I want in a man. I am thinking about asking him if he would give it a try again and go at a slow pace so I don't feel too scared.
My only concern is that I'm afraid that I might actually miss the idea of him and not him, actually. Do you guys know how to make the difference between missing someone and missing their presence in your life?
2
0