How long should you wait before contacting your EX?

He broke up with me 5 days ago and it's been really hard for me :( there was no cheating involved, just bad timing because he wants to focus more time on other things etc. hurts because he spends 4 days a week with his group of friends going to church, playing music etc and I asked to join but he wouldn't let me. Sucks cos I'm good at piano/composing and he wouldn't let me help his new band.
Well god is good cos there's a well established band which contacted me about joining and I'm over the moon.

However I'd still like to remain friends with my ex cos we had an awesome friendship as well as relationship. I called him twice and he said to just get on with my life FOR NOW. And he got mad when I kept texting him a lot. So how long should I wait before contacting? Thanks!!

916

Most Helpful Guy

• That's the thing I don't like quitting either. I waited a couple days and gave in. She was on her period when she dumped me and she had traumatic news the night before a surprise pregnancy with her sister in law and she was all bent out of shape about her brother not telling them

• Thanks man for ur comment. Did you get back together?

• No not sure if we will. She told me she's emotional on her period not sure if I should give up or mention that to her? She said she felt hopeless... sounded depressed to me her family has mental health issues

Most Helpful Girl

• Remaining friends after a break up I don't think is the right way to go. You two need time heal and give each other space before you can be friends again but that's up to you. I wouldn't want for an ex contact me. They are your ex and they are an ex for a reason. Do not contact him whatsoever unless he initiates contact first. If he wants you back in his life, let him do the chasing. Just focus on yourself and continue doing what you are doing. Find things to distract yourself with so you can keep your mind off of him and on bigger and better things. Just do you and focus on yourself.