ALWAYS going back to that one relationship?

Why does this happen? i'm guilty of it too - there's always one person who doesn't treat you particularly well, that you always run back to, why?

53

Most Helpful Guy

• Convenience and familiarity? Easy to go back to? I'm guilty of the same atrocity, but it's probably best to make your mind to stay away. And for me it's always happened with a person who you probably shouldn't be wasting your time with!

Most Helpful Girl

• They are your comfort zone. You probably turn to them when you are sad/hurt and they know you well enough to make you feel better and comfort you in that moment. Chances are they do care about you and they probably are a good person but maybe you just aren't good for eachother. Obviously you turn to them for a reason but that reason isn't enough to outweigh the bad or conflict that always makes you part from them. I have a guy like this, we dated for a while but we are so much a like it just didn't work. We still will talk and when one of us is having a hard time we always turn to eachother. It seems like the feelings always come back but I have decided it's because at that moment either one or both of us are vulnerable. We have given it several chances but we both have decided it's just not meant to. It always ends the same way. So we just remain friends and refrain from the other feelings even though it is hard at times. I look at it this way, you can't read the same book over and over and expect it to have a different ending.