Why Is it so hard to get over an ex?

Why is it so hard to get over an ex? I dated my ex for 1.5 years we broke up nearly 11 months ago and I'm still not fully over him! It's my own fault because I've allowed him to still be apart of my life (we have mutual friends so see him occasionally) PLUS we slept together a month ago and were casually dating and considering getting back together 2/3 weeks ago. But after we decided to just stay friends it has been particularly hard and I don't know what to do. I know I need to cut him from my life to be able to fully move on but I don't know how to do that without cutting my friends out of the picture, I also don't know if I'm 'ready' to completely cut him from my life even though I know he's no good for me at least for now. What do I do?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• because he was your first.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he was your first love, that could be why its so hard. Getting over your first love is always the hardest and it does take time. I've been in your shoes before and what I can tell you is it does hurt and it is hard but you just have to focus on yourself and never look back. Find a hobby that you like, or distract yourself and act like they don't exist. Give yourself time to grieve and cry and whatever else you need to do. Time is your best medicine and it will take quite time to get over him but you can do it. I did it and yes it was hard and I didn't want to let go but I didn't feel appreciated or loved enough and I wasn't being treated right either.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes