What is a prudent?

My ex boyfriend and I broke this week he made a big mistake went out got drunk got arrested he begged for me back I won't take him back. This am he messaged me on fb none of which it made any sense. I replied "must be drinking" and few one word answers. He screen shotted the short convo and posted to his fb wall? Then called me a prudent? What is that! Very immature

31

Most Helpful Guy

• He was probably meaning to call you a " prude".

• Either way I think he has been drinking because none of what he said prior to that made any sense at all. It was all jibberish. Thanks for the heads up.

• Well you have broken up with him which means clearly you want nothing to do with him so just block the number and move on if your so sure you want nothing more to do wth him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you mean (or he meant) "prude".

Prudent means someone carefully thinks things through or considers things, particularly regarding the future. This is typically a positive thing to be called.

Prude (which is what I think your ex boyfriend/you meant) means someone who is overly proper (kinda like a stick in the mud) or pretends to be way more proper or modest than they really are. When someone calls a woman a prude, it usually is negative and it's like they're telling you you're a "goody-two-shoes"

• That was my thought. He said prudent. Which I didn't think was a bad thing. I'm def a pretty good woman. Just needed clarification.