Would you marry someone who is from another country?

Online dating is so popular, their are lots of dating sites and its possible to meet people from other countries. Do you think international relationships can form the basis of a marriage. Or is it just to hard, or dangerous to do it, risk of someone just using you for a green card etc

• Yes
  • No

108

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I would love to be in a relationship with someone from anywhere in the uk, or France. I think it can work out, but I think you have to meet them in person also, before you decide to run off and get married.

What Girls Said 9

• didnt see the online part either. and my boyfriend is from england but we didn't meet online. and we're still planning on getting married in the next year or so.

• Maybe. You need a choice for that.

I guess if I was in the situation to want to marry a person, I wouldn't let the fact that they were from another country stop me. So maybe I should just go with yes. But honestly, I think it would be a lot harder to make a relationship work between two people from totally different backgrounds- especially if they mostly spoke different languages. That is NOT to say that people shouldn't try. It could work beautifully. But that's just the feeling I get.

• Well I don't think it matters that someone's from another country. If you love them, you love them. But to never meet them and pay there way over, I don't think that's 100% the smartest thing to do.

• crap I didn't see the online dating part I just saw the question and voted!

NO I would NOT marry someone off the internet! BADBADBAD idea :)

• Same here! I've dated guys who weren't US citizens...but never a guy online (even from the same country). Cultural differences are not a problem, just internet dating...

• too risky

• Definitely. If I love the person, he/she might be from anywhere. Love is the only thing that counts.

• You mentioned online dating and I wouldn't be into that at all, especially as the foundation of a relationship. If I met someone in another country or I met someone here who was from another country and happened to fall in love with that person, I would absolutely marry him.

• I am currently in an "online/phone relationship" and its very hard to coordinate our separate lives to find the time to see each other whilst living in the same country. I can't imagine how difficult it would be if it was an ocean between us rather then a 9 hour drive. Those who do it- I commend the strength and effort. I don't think I could do it.

• I am currently in one of these international relationships, only I want out of the US. I hope it can work, otherwise I'm wasting my time!

What Guys Said 8

• It's easy to get into an on-line relationship. It's even possible to believe it can form the basis for a marriage.

The customs and culture of the other country may pose insurmountable barriers.

• I am married (for the second time) to a woman from Japan. My first wife was caucasian like me, so I can at least make one comparison! It has been the most exhilarating ride of my life, so far. There are small-minded and racist folk, both friends and family, who seem to develop strong opinions on the matter, with no knowledge or experience to support their views, but that's life! There are many challenges culturally to deal with, along with language barriers, too. But my wife is my soul mate, in spite of all this, so, yes, it is worth doing, if you are up to living with interesting challenges!

• I wouldn't marry anyone. Where they live has nothing to do with it. Marriage is already way too dangerous of an investment if you're a man. Not worth it at all.

• If it was england or another country that spoke english ha

• well I like to marry person who belons to another country because Love is the only thing that counts.

understanding must be there you can adjust anywhere and in any country in every condition...

• yes why not,love has no boundaries

• yeah its nice

• Yes they can form good relationships I know a friend who did this and they worked out fine. I know the asian culture you can find a really good woman they are very traditional and make good wives they take relationships seriously not immature like women over in the u.s. As far as using you for green card, it can happen but that's why you give yourself time to know her more you should have a sense if she is not in love with you or using you to come to the u.s. Also having a stable job with income is also important they don't want to marry a bum international women look for financial stability the most in my opinion.