What IS the most common and main reason for a woman and a man to cheat?

For women, I think it's not feeling desired by her partner and neglected if he doesn't give her attention.

For men, I don't know.

PS: I'm not justifying cheating.

1747

Most Helpful Guy

• Statistically men cheat because they can. No real reason beyond that. I mean there are one offs like where he is not getting it at home. I know that leads a lot of guys to stray, or if the girl he is with is abusive.

I have never personally cheated, and never will. I have wanted to, but it was because i was in a relationship where i was in fear for my life, and the thought of doing anything sexual with her made me want to vomit. But rather than cheating i left her. I was in another relationship 5 years before that where i was getting sex maybe once every three months. It was a huge source of arguments, and eventually i left her. I can't be with someone like that either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've read somewhere that "women cheat because something in the relationship is lacking while men cheat because there's an opportunity" but honestly I'm not sure if you could really say that so gender specific – I think regardless of the reason or gender, cheaters are assholes and cowards because they didn't have the guts to just break up before they turned to fuck someone else.