Breaking up with a woman because she's bisexual. Is it fair?

I got burned by a bisexual woman once. Since then, I don't trust them and refuse to date one again. I have been on dates and the woman admits she's bi and I never call her again. I don't even want to be friends with a bit woman. I distrust them that much. I will not compete with men and women and I consider bisexuality a dealbreaker. Fair right?

Most Helpful Girl

• Everybody has preferences. If you don't want to date a girl who is bi, that's your choice. I don't know why you feel you have to justify yourself to anyone. There are plenty of women out there who aren't bisexual. I think the only people who would be upset by this are girls who are bi. Otherwise I doubt anyone will care. It's your life and your happiness. Do what you want.

Most Helpful Guy

• Perfectly fair. It's a preference.

What Girls Said 13

• You have had a Bad Burn so Not into another Yearn... You are right in your decision to Not care Again, my Friend, to date another.
    It is a 'Dealbreaker' if you find out she may be Swinging both Ways, And you just Don't want to give her a Shake from the Start so she doesn't get to your Heart Knowing you do not Trust the Situation at Hand as a Man.
    Good luck. xx

• I would consider it a dealbreaker. That's just gross to me. I don't want a bi man, and you shouldn't have to want a bi woman either.

• Nope. Not fair. You're tarring all bisexual women with the same brush. Some of us are bitches and some of us are fucking awesome and a pleasure to date and be around. Your loss, you could be missing out on dating the best woman of your life because of your own insecurities. It's your life, do what you want but nah, I won't sit here and say it's fair.

• Isn't it a bit shallow to put all bisexual women in the same box? I mean just because you "got burned" by one of them, whatever that means, doesn't mean all the others are the same. I've been screwed over by asshole guys and it's not like I refuse to date men ever again.

• I mean, as a bisexual woman, no, I don't think it's fair.

• Yeah fairs fair. . . should have done yer homework on her first before even getting to the dating stage dudey. If only it wiz as simple as turning yer gaydar oan tae detect who's bi, homo or straight and just give those greedy f**Ker's a body swerve.

• It's hard, but you shouldn't let negative experience taint your outlook on a whole group of people. If you feel you'll fare better with a straight woman, then fair enough. Your life, not mine.

• Too late for that. I prefer my women to be straight and that only.

• Then why are you asking this if you already have your mind made?

• No I don't think it's fair. That's like me swearing off guys because I was burned, once. We all go through crappy relationships you aren't the first and won't be the last. But hey your life not mine.

• Not really. You're generalizing instead of looking at the individual as a person.

• does she let you lick her ass, in that case you must stay with her

• Id feel the same way about a man but if I we're bisexual I'd probably accept if he we're too... only fair. But I'm not 😁

• Technically you don't need a reason to break up with someone. However, I think you're being irrational and painting everyone with the same brush. But that's your decision. If you want to potentially miss out on a really great person because of fear and ignorance, you're allowed to make that choice.

• Just because you were burned once doesn't mean another bi woman will be the same. But if its a deal breaker for you thats your prerogative. Im bi sexual myself and have never cheated on anyone. I've been cheated on and dont want to cause that kind of pain on anyone.

What Guys Said 6

• Have you ever been burned by a straight woman? Did that stop you from dating all straight women? People are far more than just their sexuality and if they are going to end up hurting you, there are many other factors than just their sexuality.

• it is your call, you're not obligated to stay with her, that's in terms of your own personal dating life.

ruling her out because she is bisexual when she may be a completely awesome person? hmm.. I don't know man. she could've been great, but you'll never know because of your prejudice against bisexual women.

• I think it's very fair. I wouldn't be with a bisexual either.

• Fair enough. However, I will bet that the women who "admit" they are bisexual to you are lying and they just think that it is what young men want to hear today.

• well if its your preference, it doesn't really have to be fair.

• Well, I would also not date a bisexual woman either, so I agree with you. I dated a girl who was straight at first, then all of a sudden she told me she liked this girl and claimed to have became bisexual. Instant breakup at that point.

Some of the women's comments here are rather laughable, thinking that I'm going to be missing out on "the best woman of my life"... Like how are you and I missing out by not dating women that we don't want to date? The best woman of my life would be a woman who is straight. :)