Why did he back out on reunion plans?

I've been planning a trip to my college town for a reunion with my friends for nearly 3 months now, and I invited my boyfriend to go with me. He agreed and I made all of our hotel arrangements and such for this coming weekend, and last night, he tells me that he's not sure he wants to go because he "doesn't want to ruin everyone's time." I'm not sure what this means, and I find it very rude to cancel last minute. He's given no other explanation, and it makes me feel like I'm to blame somehow. Also, after months of dating, we finally had sex this past weekend, and it feels like he's backing out on this trip because he finally got what he wanted from me. Could it be that sex ruined this relationship?

11

What Guys Said 1

• No, sex never ruins relationships.

People's desires do.

If for instance, he only desired sex from you, and he ends it.

It's on him for being like that. Not on you.

Although it would be bad that you didn't catch it.

You should make him go, and if he refuses.

Talk to him about the problem.

In detail, make him explain WHY he doesn't want to go with you after you spent the money, the time, and energy planning it. For all you know, he's taking this time to screw an ex while you're out of town.

Goodluck - Sero.

What Girls Said 1

• I think I would press for a more sincere reason...Do you think he somehow feels embarrassed about himself? Does he think he's a downer? It is very rude and inconsiderate to your feelings for him to back out at the last minute so there really does have to be a reason...? Do you really think that he hung around for months just to get one night of sex from you? We don't know this guy but you do... Give us some more details...Cheers!