My boyfriend and I broke up and I want to get him back. Help?

Afraidofthat
My boyfriend and I have been dating for 2 years. At first we were really happy but then because of our work schedules we became really stressed out, that led to fighting over silly things but we would always work it out. Well recently we had a fight and he was just like "whatever it doesn't matter" and I felt hurt. Because I believe it should matter if we fight and don't fix things, so I told him "it should matter or maybe we shouldn't be in a relationship" and so he broke up with me. I feel so stupid for opening my mouth and saying that. We live together and our lease doesn't end for another year. I love him so much and I want us to get back together. We had long conversations about it and he keeps telling me "you have to work on yourself and we can be friends. You shouldn't want to change for me. You need to change for you. I love you and I'll always be your friend". He's right I know I need to, but I also want to get him back. The next day he was hanging out with a girl and it made me jealous because I love him. I don't know what to do. Someone please help me.
2
2