Please help me I can't take it anymore. Will it ever end?

My beloved girlfriend dumped me a month ago and it shattered my heart. It's been hell but I've been trying to keep myself busy so I can keep her out of my mind. It is sort of working because I don't really miss her anymore.

However, our old good memories are haunting me. Those flashbacks in my mind are killing me. It hurts me to the point I feel like killing myself and I can't stop them. It's not like I want to think about our memories but they run through my mind every now and then.

Please help me. Will this ever end? I'm trying to move on and I'm making progress but these memories are crushing me :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Just got your heart broke? Congratulations you are officially a human being. Welcome! Let me show you what membership in this club has to offer.
    1. Time is the only thing that's going to help. You're going to keep remembering your ex not because you actually want her but because your body wants you to want her especially if you haven't met anyone new and worthwhile. Does this mean immediately go find a new girl. No not necessarily just don't let your brain trick you into believing she's the only worthwhile woman alive. It's still working on caveman logic and not acknowledging the super connected social media filled world you live in today.
    2. Brace yourself for depression. Your bodies knee jerk reaction to loss is sadness in an effort to force you into rumination in hopes that you come up with a successful strategy to get back whatever was lost. Your choices are to focus on the girl, focus on yourself, or attempt to avoid it all by focusing on other activities and positive thinking.
    3. Don't beat yourself up or try to force yourself to do anything. Be nice to yourself your body and mind are just reacting in the best way it can right now. Most people never experience heartbreak enough to develope a good reliable strategy to cope with it but treating yourself negatively is definitely not going to help.

I think that's all I got man. Wish you the best man just don't give up things always change over time and if you want them to get better it eventually will.

What Girls Said 2

• it will end.
    I know it can literally feel like someone is ripping out your heart, like physical pain (or maybe that's just dramatic ol'me)
    But it will get better once you have the right mind set and actually WANT to move on.
    now, everyone handles it differently, but I would recommend to not try to ignore the sadnes. Don't repress the memories. Have a melt down, cry yourself to sleep, take a pillow and scream in to it... go running, power yourself out. If you've let it all out, it should be easier to deal with it.
    Think about the good and the bad. take the bad and try to make it a life lesson. If you made mistakes, learn from them and grow as a person.

• Just continue to look forward in time it'll get easier to cope

What Guys Said 4

• media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...9134b3c4ca1e.jpg

It will pass eventually. Some take breakups harder than others. Just keep it moving. No women or the memories they cause is worth killing yourself over. Stay strong and positive.

• As time goes by it will get better. After a break up it can feel like an open wound tha can take time to heal. You are doing good by keeping yourself busy because thats what I had to do. For me having a child by the person made it harder but, like I said things to take time for you to get over things in life. The best way to look at it is to believe that a woman who is better for you will come along in the future.
    So get yourself together by using this negative break-up to achieve your goals in life. This is how you to turn your negative into positive.

• Some people leave that imprint on our souls, it's hard to accept it when you love someone and the feeling is not returned, it's so crippling and puts a strain on your heart. It's funny how the human mind works, always busy and it's the ultimate destroyer of a person when it wants to. I don't really know what to say except you have to find someone to fill that void, it won't be easy but you will be able to do it.

• You will get through this. If possible, find a friends with benefits and get all the nooky
    you can. That's what I always did. It worked.