Was I with a narcissist?

Anonymous
I shared a lot with this guy. We were arranging to move in together, he kept saying how much he loved me and I really love him. But then one day he just stopped all contact, wouldn't answer my calls, emails texts I can't get to see him in person, he lives in another town, just nothing.
My friend contacted him through email and he was very cheerful towards her, like he used to be with me, what's going on? I feel drained by this guy. I remember boosting his self confidence but he seemed to just dump me out of the blue. The minute I said I was feeling bad , I'd had a real crappy day at work, he just doesn't come near me and next thing i know I'm just ignored while he gets on with life smiling all the time. Was I dating a narcissist or someone slightly narcy? I feel both angry and so broken, I don't know what to do.
Was I with a narcissist?
2
2