My ex and I agreed to stay friends, but he's behaving in an odd way. He ignores me and then puts the blame on me. Why does he do that?

Anonymous
It was a mutual breakup. Something just wasn't there and it was hard to admit it. We took our distances so we could get over each other. The thing is we work at the same place: we both are dance instructors for our school's Friday nights dance, so we see each other often. Before, we always danced together for at least 2 songs, but now he doesn't even look at me. Last week, he was being terribly indecisive: I was with our group of friends and he asked every single one of them to dance but me. I waved at him, just to say hi because we are "friends". He plainly ignored me. Later, I was dancing with someone else when he came back to where our friends were. My friend witnessed what happened and told me about it later: he was looking for someone (me) and, when a random girl came up to him and asked him to dance, he refused (while he never ever does). She asked him if he was looking for someone and he said "yes". My friend saw that, when he saw I was dancing with another guy, he looked disappointed. She asked him if he was looking for me, he said "yes" and she replied "you can ask her when she's done". He didn't reply and he asked her to dance. So they went dancing. When the song was over, she told him to come ask me to dance, but he refused again saying "oh no, she's busy talking to someone". Later in the evening, he sent me a text, saying "the guys would not leave you alone tonight; I couldn't even get to you (LIES!)". I told a friend about it and the only thing she said was that "you guys keep saying you don't want to be together, but what you say behind each other's back tells the opposite".
In my case, I don't want to get back with him but I want him to stop those stupid games.
What is he doing? Why does he behave in such a weird way?
2
0