What if your boyfriend breaks up with you because he needs to be alone to see what life is like without you& if he will miss you when your not there?

Anonymous
boyfriend of two years broke up with me a few days ago because he needs time to figure out what he wants as we are so young and have so much ahead of us. I asked him to be completely honest and to not sugar coat anything and he said it has nothing to do with me and he truly believes he won't be able to find anyone who will love him and do the things that I did for him. But he needs to find this out on his own. It really was a heat of the moment thing and judging from every other relationship that's broken up majority of the time the boys end up missing the girl after a few months of going out and being single. So my question is am I right to think that such a rash decision will eventually end in him wanting me back? And will such an impulsive decision come back to haunt him? I can't understand how you can talk to each other for two years every day without fail and then all of a sudden not see or hear from them. I'm going to go with the no contact approach because he would never expect me to be able to do that given my track record of always caving first. I mean surely going out with your friends and seeing them during the week will get boring soon enough and you'll miss that female affection. I did clarify before our last convo if he still loved me and he said of course he did he still was completely in love with me he just needs to think about what is best for him at the moment
4
1