Last girlfriend left me in November out of nowhere. Then she dated a misogynistic jerk after me and got hurt. What did she see in him and not me?

My last girlfriend broke up with me before Thanksgiving. Prior to that she told me she loved me unconditionally and that I was it for her. She even told me I was the type of guy she always wanted to marry. Then she started pushing me away and a month later was telling me how annoying I was and accused me of using love to manipulate her and always making her miserable. She then broke it off with me. I was good to her. I always made time for her, took her on trips, cooked for her, and was there for her when her cat was sick. After me she got with a guy who is a misogynistic jerk. He always posts sexist memes on his Facebook and sees women as disposable second class citizens. He ended up hurting her and now she is alone. My question is, what did she see in him that I couldn't provide her? What would make her leave someone like me for someone like him?
After reading some of the responses on here, I have realized in the future I need to allow only female responses. So thanks guys for acting like dickheads and making me feel worse than I already do. I hope you had fun trolling.

59

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s hard to truly give legitimate insight without knowing any of you and having zero exposure to your individual personalities. My best guess is that there was something about his confidence that drew her in. Now, it appears that it was truly narcissism and arrogance but she probably didn’t realize that when they got together. He probably felt like some intriguing, daring, foreign adventure as opposed to your kind, sweet, loving behavior which essentially became predictable and maybe even boring to her. The fact that you mentioned she said you were annoying makes me wonder if she meant that you were clingy and always in her face to the point where annoyance overwhelmed appreciation. Some guys seem like this grand, amazing, intriguing, thrilling adventure that makes your heart beat a million miles per minute then you learn that this “adventure” is truly a disaster where you crash and burn.

• I would like to think I'm not boring but I can't change the way people think.

• You're welcome. You are definitely tangled in your feelings right now but logically speaking, she did not deserve you. She wasn't doing shit to earn the selfless benefits you were offering her. To be totally honest, she sounds like she was a shitty, lame, selfish girlfriend who didn't know what the f*ck she was doing.

• That's what everyone tells me. Logically speaking, I understand that. But our heart gets the best of us sometimes. Oh well. I learned a lot from it. Sometimes the most painful experiences bring the best lessons.

Most Helpful Guy

• Someone's poison.

Her friends started saying things, not even necessarily about you, and she started to hallucinate. Think of it like how horoscopes work, make a general statement and find that people apply it to themselves, only it was negative.

"Love is vulnerability." and all that garbage simply was her undoing.

• I'm am idiot. I never asked how long you dated the girl.

• About 6 months.

• Not long enough to discern any real issues. I can't believe i blindly guessed. I'm disappointed.