My ex called to tell me he's getting married?

We dated for a couple months and it was about a year ago. He broke up saying "I don't think we are for each other/we are meant to be together". I accepted and took my distances to get over him. He wouldn't leave me alone, thinking that I could still have him in my life while I was getting over him. He didn't respect my need to be away from him; his behavior almost became harassment, so I cut all ties with him, blocked him, etc. Every now and then, he tried to get back in touch, but I never replied. Last month, he tried again. As I was not feeling tormented about him anymore, I thought it would not be a bad idea to start over AS FRIENDS. We did not talk on a regular basis, but he called me yesterday, out of the blue and told me he had been dating a girl for a month and they were planning in getting married next November. I truly did not care but I was confused at why he would feel like he needed to call to tell me that. He said he had met her even before him and I met, that they had been friends/talking ever since, but I do not recall hearing about her whatsoever (we were best friends before we started dating).
I'm wondering if he is just doing that to cause drama or to test the waters to see if I would eventually still be interested in him. One of my friends told me that he is doing that because he wants to check my feelings for him since he's getting off the market.
What do you guys think of that?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• that guy is considered that break up as defeat for him. his intentions are unclear, but definitely want you to feel sad and confused about the decision that you've made (cut all ties with him)... to make some drama.

why would he call to let you know about his new girlfriend and their planning to get married? ... there's no answer to that question cuz he's lying.
    make your reaction unexpected as usual...(ignoring).

Good luck...

• So you think he might be lying?

• I'm not surprised. He had a lying tendency even before we started dating.

• forget about him and live your life.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a lot of drama for a relationship that only lasted 2 months. Who knows why he called. Probably to see if it would get a rise out of you. Not that he's still interested in you. It boosts their ego when they notice someone is into them, even if they don't have reciprocal feelings.

What Guys Said 3

• I think he is a di@k. Why else would he bother to call and say this other than as an attempt to tear up your feelings again. Prime example of why I say an X should never be contacted or allow them to contact. It is alway gonna lead to drama and BS

• Thanks for letting me think it through!

• All I did was throw out ideas , your the one facing the tough decisions

• That's stupid. And dramatic. Lol

• Tell him to grow up

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him "good for you" and just keep on doing what you've been doing in your life. Who cares anyway, right?