What should I do and does being with your best guy friend ruin the relationship after?

Anonymous
Me and my best guy friend had a thing for about 6 months. At first I wasn't sure if I should even be with him because people always say it ruins the friendship after but I did it anyway. Long story short we were a thing for about 6 months. We ended things because I found out my friend at the time kissed him. Not long after that they became a thing but while they were a thing we would hookup (make out and stuff) but it was never on purpose I just think we have a lot of sexual tension. Long story short after that they ended up dating for 2 weeks after they broke up he came running to me saying how he wants to be with me again but I wasn't sure about that because he told me after we ended things we never wanted to be with me again even though he was the one that cheated? Long story short I never gave him a direct answer because I was never really sure. But I accused him of something he didn't do. Now we don't talk and when we do it's over text and it's really short and dry. I don't know what I did he tells me I didn't do anything but I know him and I know when's he's just saying things. I am not the type to chase I just wanna know where we stand and I'm just really confused at this point. I'm trying to convince myself I'm over him but I'm lowkey not because it's like everytime I see him my feelings just suddenly re appear.

Do you think us being together Ruined our friendship? If so do you think it will ever be the same?

thoughts on this whole situation?
1
0