Happiness. Can we find it with someone or should we discover it solo?

Can you be with someone that you love and be happy if you are not happy with where your life is taking you?

Do we search for that happiness within solo or can someone bring it out in us?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• I think that you do need to be happy with yourself before you can really love someone else...and at the same time I believe that the right person can bring out the best in you. But the problem with that is you are depending on someone else for your happiness and that creates a "need" for them that can be unhealthy. If being with this person inspires you to find your way to a life that makes you happy then yes, they can bring it out...but in the end, you have to be able to be happy with or without the person...needing someone to make you happy is not a good thing.

• I disagree when people say that you need to love yourself before someone else can love you. Because sometimes you just have low self confidence and you need someone to push and motivate you in life. That person can love you even if you're not there yourself and make you love yourself by showing you that they care for you. So, yes, I do think it's very possible to love someone while not loving yourself. Like I said, sometimes it just takes another person to point you in the right direction.