Ex-girlfriend is an ex-con.

Can somebody help me out here please? I'm a 37 year old man who has lived with the life philosophy of which women I make love to first will be the one that I marry, well this did not materialise due to her breaking up with me over 12 years ago. after breaking up she ended up in prison for fraud and did 2 years, in that time I had met and got engaged to what I thought was the women of my dreams, I called off the engagement due to major religious problems,should I date my ex-ex-girlfriend who is an ex-con?

Just to add a bit more info to this issue, my ex-ex-girlfriend is the first women that I was with she is the ex-con, and due to a certain vibe that I have picked up on is that my only living parent my mom is not happy about me seeing her again, let alone

18

Most Helpful Girl

• Well no one can, decide for you who you choose to date and make the decisions for you, but I would just say that people do make mistakes and they should learn from them. I wouldn't necessarily date someone who had been convicted of murder or rape or something that inflicted harm and pain on others. Actually technically I guess fraud causes emotional pain, but if they felt genuine remorse and were not going to do so again, and if you love her and want to give it another go I don't see why not. It also depends on how much your mothers opinion and consent matters to you. There is really nothing saying that if you do date your ex-con ex-girlfriend that you have to end up with her for the rest of your life but, I don't think it could do much harm, and you don't want to live with the doubt in your head about whether you made the right decision. So I don't know exactly what your relationship with her is exactly at the moment, but, I would maybe advise talking to her about it if she feels the same way about wanting to give it another go, and talk to your mother as well.

I really hope I helped, or that someone else who answered did so, and that whatever decision you make that you are happy with it and your life.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 8

• Your playing it safe and your forgetting that she became an ex for a reaon the first time and it seems she did not improve as a person since then so what are you thinking ?... Get with the program and find yourself someone who is NOT going to become your sex and cease living in an idealistic frame of mind and get realistic. Better to be happy then to be idealistic in matter of the heart. Your desperate to prove yourself right from years past and that has nothing to do with love for another nor desire. Its only about making sure you don't end up alone and desperate to have anyone love you as our ex would make you feel neither for a little while. Try to redirect your focus a little.

• Ummm. Does it really, truly matter to you if she's an ex-con? I mean, technically, I'm an ex-con--maybe not for adult corrections, but anyway... It's not like it's a major step in life. Dating isn't an official or serious thing anyway. It's sitting on a fine line with just getting to know someone.

My answer: No, it SHOULDN'T matter, but if it does matter to you, it does. It isn't necessarily a big deal... and remember: People DO change, but that doesn't mean that they will. She may or may not have changed.

• Well, the question is what YOU want. It isn't about your mother. I understand that you don't want to offend her, but she's your mother. Hopefully she'll understand that you have to go for you want.

• What makes you think she wants to get back with you?

• 1. wtf are you doing on a teen site?

2. the average age on this site is like 15 and your 37 and you actually askiung these kids what you should do with your relationship? WTF!

3. Dude there is no perfect made for you love out there. Only people at varying levels of compatability. It all takes work so its best to find someone your best compatible with.

4. Fraud isn't like murder...heck probably everyone would be in prison for something if we all got caught...so I don't think jail for fraud is a reason not to date her...

5. find a site for middle aged people plz lol

• This isn't a teen site

• Feel free to put your mouse over some of the users there are plenty of people 30 and up on this site.

• All 4 of you completely miss the point.

I am asking why the dude is asking on average 15-17 year olds for advise...jesus christ...AS EVIDENCED BY "PUTTING MY MOUSE" over all 4 of you your under 21. I think the guy could get better advise than from 15 year olds who know sooooo much about relationships right?

• She's an ex con...psychologically she may be messed up...do you wanna deal with all the problems and vices she has?

• ummmm is she hot?

• Just hide your check book and credit cards and you will be fine, the conviction is spent so she has paid her debt to society, if she gets done again she will spend a little more time in prison, maybe she likes prison,...