He cried and said he loved me when he dumped me and said he couldn't keep hurting me? Confused! Help?

Mika88
My ex boyfriend split up with me 6 weeks ago, no I'm still not over it. We dated for a year and a half, but his behavior had begun to change. He became distant and on edge with me. We were going through a rocky patch, and for about three weeks he would say he felt we had to end it because he was unhappy, but he would end up deciding he wanted to stay together. But each time I felt like he just felt too bad to break up with me, and when I asked for reassurance that we would be ok he blew up and said I was overwhelming him. He came to break up with me two days later. I could see he was struggling with it. I had him write down all the reasons.
1. Not because I don't love you
2. Need to find my happiness
3. My unhappiness has a direct impact on you and your happiness and it's not acceptable
4. I care for you a lot and can't continue hurting you
5. You mean the world to me, but we both need to be happy.
6. No point in carrying on just now, had to end it now so we didn't end up hating each other.
7. You are a special girl, always remember!

i must add he is planning on joining the navy when he graduates uni in a year, and he felt that would ruin us.

Im so confused with it all. It's been almost 30 of NC after I told him, since he was speaking to me, that we couldn't keep talking.
1
0